We’re Committed to Keeping You Safe
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we’re staying up-to-date with the CDC, Michigan, and local updates to keep you safe. There WILL be a market this spring and summer. People still have needs and desires that cause them to buy or sell real estate, perhaps now more than ever. We can still do our job as Realtors safely as long as we both take precautions.
Physical showings of real estate are legal starting Thursday, May 7, under Michigan Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-70 (COVID-19). It requires that “Any showings, inspections, appraisals, photography or videography, or final walk-throughs must be performed by appointment and must be limited to no more than four people on the premises at any one time. No in-person open houses are permitted.”
Most of the buying and selling of real estate can be efficiently handled remotely. Our business has for 30 years specialized in selling premium waterfront property using professional websites with engaging story telling, fine photos and videos, and extensive local, regional and national marketing.
Listing, negotiation, contracts, deposits, and closings are all now done remotely because of this virus. Showing homes presents a different set of problems. Here is how we are dealing with them:
Safety procedures include:
- Replacing most on-site tours with video “open houses” for preliminary showings
- Removing shoes before entering your house.
- Using hand sanitizer before and after the showing.
- Wearing gloves during showings.
- Asking clients to ride in their own cars, not ours.
- Maintaining six-foot distances between our agents and clients.
- Not permitting handshaking or direct physical contact of any kind.
When a qualified prospect asks us to visit your home, if you are not feeling well or have a temperature of 100 degrees or more we ask that you to notify us, so we can reschedule the appointment while you consult with a Doctor.
Have your property ready to show. Our goal is not to touch anything while we're on the property. We make a maximum effort to see that the prospective buyer does not touch anything either.
Please keep a six-foot distance between yourself and our agents. If you prefer, leave the home until the showing is finished. We will always call when a showing is complete, and we have left the property.
We are as flexible as possible regarding rescheduling or cancellations due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Many of our best prospects arrive from distant places and may already be in transit, but health and safety is the first priority.
Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-70 requires us to do the following, and more:
- Develop a COVID-19 preparedness and response plan available at the Company headquarters or on the worksite.
- Promote remote work to the fullest extent possible.
- Keep workers and patrons who are on premises at least six feet from one another to the maximum extent possible.
Increase standards of facility cleaning and disinfection to limit worker and patron exposure to COVID-19, as well as adopting protocols to clean and disinfect.
- Adopt policies to prevent workers from entering the premises if they display respiratory symptoms or have had contact with a person with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
- Adopt any other social distancing practices and mitigation measures recommended by the CDC.
- Limit in-person interaction with clients and patrons to the maximum extent possible, and barring any such interaction in which people cannot maintain six feet of distance from one another.
- Provide personal protective equipment such as gloves, goggles, face shields, and face masks as appropriate for the activity being performed.
- Adopt protocols to limit the sharing of tools and equipment to the maximum extent possible and to ensure frequent and thorough cleaning of tools, equipment, and frequently touched surfaces.
You can read Governor Whitmer's Executive Order in full here.
Additional State information is always available at https://www.michigan.gov/Coronavirus.
Our closings take place at a title company. Neither the Buyer nor the Seller are required to attend. Everything can be done remotely and efficiently using overnight mail, secure documents, and secure methods of transmission.
Marketing in the best magazines, newspapers, and websites is expensive. You are welcome to supplement the funds available to market your property. That opens up additional regional and national opportunities to showcase what you have and can speed up the sale process.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in overcoming this global challenge with us.
We can help!
Dick Huey Real Estate is leading the real estate industry with a package of services designed to address the concerns of our buyers and sellers in the purchase and sale of great real estate in these uncertain times.
Questions or concerns? Click below to get in touch!